Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ah, Summer...

It's amazing to me how natural life is.  Even when people have falling outs or lose touch or grow apart, life keeps going.  We grieve, we learn, we grow, and we move on.  That's life.  That's how we as humans were created.  Of course we never really forget, but we learn to look past the memory and into the future instead.  A friend of mine told me today that moving past the past was one of the hardest things she's ever had to do.  I think sometimes though, trusting your move into the future is harder.  We have to give up everything we know to take that step into the unknown.  Not an easy thing to do.

That's my life though.  I'm graduating from high school on Saturday and moving on to college.  I'm leaving behind everything I've known for the past eighteen years and starting over.  That's scary, exciting, nerve wracking, and happy all at the same time.  I don't know what to feel most of the time.  This summer is the last summer here, in my comfortable, known world.  I want to make it count.  I feel the need to do something important here.  I need to leave my mark on the world before it's too late.  I can't do it alone though.

Tonight, my friends and I drove around for hours just goofing off and having fun.  A year from now, we'll all be returning from our freshman year in college and rekindling a friendship that got set aside as we made new lives for ourselves.  These friends that I can trust with my life are going to be hours, miles, states away from me in a few short months.  But that's life.

What can I say, this life is full of choices and decisions that affect our future.  They are our future.  Maybe I'll take a chance this summer.  Maybe I'll do something big, take a leap of faith, cross out of my comfort zone.  Or maybe not.  Stick with me and I'll keep you updated on the inner thoughts of my life. Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment